Ladder tractor tire chains, also known as ladder-style tractor tire chains, are a type of tire chain designed specifically for use on tractors and other heavy-duty agricultural or industrial equipment. Here are some key features and information about ladder tractor tire chains:
- Design: Ladder tractor tire chains feature a ladder-like pattern with horizontal crossbars that run across the tire tread. These crossbars provide multiple points of contact with the ground, enhancing traction and grip in various terrains, including snow, ice, mud, or loose soil.
- Chain Links: The chain links in ladder tractor tire chains are typically made of hardened steel or alloy material to withstand the demands of rugged environments.
- Heavy-Duty Construction: Ladder tractor tire chains are built to withstand the heavy loads and harsh conditions often encountered in agricultural and industrial applications. They are designed for durability, providing resistance to wear and abrasion.
- Improved Traction: The ladder pattern of these chains offers excellent traction by biting into the ground surface. This helps prevent slippage and enhances the tractor's ability to navigate challenging terrain, such as steep slopes or slippery conditions.
- Easy Installation: Ladder tractor tire chains are relatively easy to install, typically requiring the chains to be draped over the tire and secured in place with tensioners or fasteners.
IMPORTANT: The tire size listed is in the manufacturer's specifications. Please confirm this tire size matches the size on the sidewall of you tractor tire. These 3/8" thick chains require a minimum of 3 inches of clearance. Ladder tire chains are also know as "Road Chains". They are recommended for the following conditions: -worn tires -used on pavement or concrete -turf style tires Ladder tire chains are not recommended for deep lug tires, since the crosschain will settle between the tread lugs.