Repair Pin Coupler 5mm - 3/16 inch Repair Links priced per package of 10 each
- Bullet Point 1:
- Heavy Equipment Repair Pin Coupler
- Bullet Point 2:
- FORGED STEEL PLUG COUPLER
- Bullet Point 3:
- These couplers are forged hardened for excellent for cross chain and side chain repair/adjustment. The roll pin is tapped into the coupler to hold chain securely in place.
- Bullet Point 4:
- Repair couplers are used for extending and repairing any style of tire chain
- Bullet Point 5:
- Easy to install with a simple plug system that keeps the chain in place after the plug is hammered down
- Bullet Point 6:
- Package of 10 pieces.
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and get up to 7.5% off!
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add All to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
A cross chain repair link for tire chains is a replacement link that is used to repair or replace a damaged or broken cross chain in a tire chain assembly. Cross chains are the diagonal chains that span across the tire tread and provide traction.
When a cross chain becomes damaged or breaks, it can compromise the performance and effectiveness of the tire chain. In such cases, a cross chain repair link can be used to replace the damaged section and restore the functionality of the tire chain.
To repair a tire chain using a cross chain repair link, follow these general steps:
- Identify the damaged or broken cross chain in the tire chain assembly.
- Remove any remaining parts of the damaged cross chain from the chain assembly.
- Take the cross chain repair link and align it with the adjacent intact cross chains.
- Insert the ends of the repair link into the corresponding links of the adjacent cross chains.
- Use pliers or a similar tool to secure the repair link in place by bending the end links or using any locking mechanisms provided by the repair link.
- Repeat the process for any additional damaged or broken cross chains.
It is important to note that the specific repair process may vary depending on the design and manufacturer of the tire chain and the repair link. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for the proper repair procedure.
If a tire chain has multiple damaged cross chains or significant wear and tear, it may be advisable to replace the entire tire chain rather than relying on individual repairs. Regular inspection and maintenance of tire chains can help identify any potential issues and ensure optimal performance during winter or off-road conditions.