11-22.5, 11-24.5, 11.00-20, 11-22, 11-24, 12-24.5 Truck Emergency Unit Chain set of 2.
- Bullet Point 1:
- 9/32 (.281) Heavy Duty Cross Chain Truck Unit Chains
- Bullet Point 2:
- For Trucks with a minimum 1" diameter hand holes or spoke wheels.
- Bullet Point 3:
- Do NOT put any chain on a tag axle. Tag axle is a dead axle usually located to the rear of the drive axle. It is a drag axle used to spread over other axles.
- Bullet Point 4:
- Only meant to be used to get unstuck. Not meant for any distance driving. For longer distance, regular chains are recommended.
- Bullet Point 5:
- Sold per pair -- set of 2. Picture shows 2 pair.
- Bullet Point 6:
- Includes Quick links
- Bullet Point 7:
- 9-12-9 means that there are 12 twist links with 9 straight links on each side.
- Bullet Point 8:
- Overall Length 49.3 inches
- Unit Emergency Tire Chains
- Tire Width:
- Rim Size:
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and get up to 7.5% off!
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add All to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Emergency strap-on tire chains, also known as emergency traction devices, serve as a temporary solution to improve traction in snowy or icy conditions. Their purpose is to provide additional grip and traction to help vehicles maneuver through slippery surfaces when regular tire chains or winter tires are not available or practical.
The key features and purposes of emergency strap-on tire chains are as follows:
- Traction Enhancement: Emergency strap-on chains are designed to enhance traction on slippery surfaces by providing extra grip. They typically have a nylon strap with built-in traction elements, such as metal studs or chains, to increase tire traction on snow or ice.
- Easy Installation: These devices are designed for quick and easy installation. They are usually lightweight and compact, making them convenient to store in the vehicle and deploy when needed. The installation process typically involves fitting the straps or fabric covers over the tires and securing them tightly.
- Temporary Solution: Emergency strap-on chains are intended for temporary use. They are not as durable or long-lasting as traditional tire chains, and their effectiveness may vary depending on the specific brand and design. They are primarily meant for emergency situations or short-term use until more permanent traction solutions can be obtained.
- Versatility: These devices are generally compatible with a wide range of vehicle types and tire sizes. They can be used on passenger cars, SUVs, trucks, and other vehicles. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions and ensure that the emergency chains are suitable for your specific tire size and vehicle requirements.
- Safety Considerations: While emergency strap-on chains can improve traction in certain conditions, they are not a substitute for proper winter tires or dedicated tire chains. It is essential to drive cautiously and adjust your speed and braking distances according to the road conditions. Additionally, it is recommended to follow the specific guidelines provided by the manufacturer for safe installation and use.
Emergency strap-on tire chains offer a temporary traction solution for unexpected situations in snowy or icy conditions. The purpose of these devices is only to get the vehicle UN-stuck from a parking lot, driveway, side street, etc. Emergency chains must be removed before continuous driving. They can be a helpful addition to your emergency preparedness kit, providing an extra layer of grip and stability when needed.