3835 14-17.5 VBAR Truck Tire Chains, priced per pair
- Bullet Point 1:
- 3835 Truck Tire Chains, 9/32 (7.14mm) thick cross chains
- Bullet Point 2:
- Includes Cams and Cam Tool
- Bullet Point 3:
- HEAVY DUTY TWISTED LINK Truck Tire Chains
- Bullet Point 4:
- Recommended for off road, over the road, chain law, semi trucks.
- Bullet Point 5:
- Zinc Plated, Cam Tool Included
- Ladder Style:
- 4 - Link Spacing
- Surface Recommendation:
- Off-Road/On Road
- Weather Conditions:
- Bullet Point 8:
- IMPORTANT: Tire Chains are designed to fit various tire brands and tread patterns. Adjustments/Alterations are normal and expected.
- Twisted Link/V-Bar with Cams Tire Chains
- Traction Pattern:
- Grip Slip - Wider Spaced Cross Chains
- Tire Width:
- Rim Size:
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and get up to 7.5% off!
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add All to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
V-bar reinforced truck tire chains are designed to provide enhanced traction and grip on icy or snowy roads. They have metal bars shaped like a "V" that are welded onto the cross chains, creating a more aggressive and biting edge. This V-bar design offers several advantages over non-V bar chains:
- Improved Traction: The V-bar design provides superior traction by digging into the snow or ice more effectively. The sharp edges of the V-bars penetrate the surface, increasing grip and reducing slippage.
- Better Braking and Acceleration: With their enhanced traction capabilities, V-bar chains allow for improved braking performance and quicker acceleration on slippery surfaces. This can be particularly important for trucks carrying heavy loads.
- Enhanced Stability: The V-bar design helps in maintaining stability and control of the vehicle. The increased traction reduces the chances of skidding or sliding when driving in challenging winter conditions.
- Durable Construction: V-bar reinforced chains are typically made from hardened steel, which makes them more durable and resistant to wear and tear. They can withstand the rigors of commercial use and are less likely to break or deform under heavy loads.
While V-bar chains offer excellent traction, they do have a few potential drawbacks to consider:
- Rough Ride: The V-bars can create a slightly rougher ride compared to non-V bar chains. The metal bars make direct contact with the road surface, which can result in increased noise and vibration.
- Road Damage: The sharp V-bar edges have the potential to damage certain road surfaces, such as asphalt or concrete. Some jurisdictions restrict or prohibit the use of V-bar chains to protect road infrastructure.
- Limited Use: V-bar chains are specifically designed for icy or snowy road conditions. They may not perform as well on dry or bare pavement and can cause excessive tire wear and damage when used inappropriately.